This one has the detail in the top of the skirt, which in this white color does not show very well. It had a strapless top (but you could add straps. i didn’t like that so gave it a bodice and the pattern called for crocheted edgings. I knitted the bond off at the neck [...]
Category Archive for 'Knitting'
I found a “new” doll named Hitty. I have ordered her book called, “The First Hundred Years” so you know she’s not really new, only new to me. But I find that she is about the same size as Mini Molly and so this Virginia Larkin pattern (5G) fits her just fine. I used fingering [...]
We’re ready. Go Giants!
I am issuing an invitation to anyone interested to join us on American Girl Knitters for a WeaveALong to make a dress for an 18 inch girl doll. She doesn’t have to be an AG. I will be using the 4” Square Multi Loom but you can also use your weave-it or the Tiny Weaver [...]
So I knitted her something to keep her warm! But she needs to watch her buttons so her tattoo doesn’t show! Hope you’re staying warm!
Our promised rain… well, they said 60% chance…. turned out to be 40% that it wouldn’t. Not a drop. Very disappointing as we really do need it and our rain is very late this year. This storm all went north of us it looks like, tho we did have our first little fire last evening. [...]
I’m taking the cats to the pet motel tomorrow and getting the dog washed. We head out Friday to Natural Fiber Fair in Arcata to join in the fun there for our first time. This fair has been going on for 22 years but it’s the first time we’ve been part of it. I am looking [...]
I really haven’t make a whole project on the new peg loom so thought I ought to give it a serious try. Randy designed this one at the request of several weavers. It seems to be going quickly and is making a very plush rug. I’m using a reel of selvage cut from knit fabric. [...]
I didn’t realize how long it’s been since I posted! Sorry ’bout that! We have been busy, tho. Randy has under taken a new project for me, and maybe for sale once we get the “bugs” worked out. It’s a doll storage and clothes trunk. He calls it a steamer trunk. The first prototype gave [...]
We finally got some. Can’t read that ruler very well but I’m not going out there again to take another one! It’s right at 6″ on the bird feeder at the edge of the deck. But the wizards say it’s gonna warm up and rain. Clear up to 5500′! That’s evil!